What is your Two in Twenty?
The Missions Committee hosted its annual Missions Sunday event and celebrated with a guest speaker from the Timothy Initiative, booths to learn about all of the Friendship sponsored missionaries and missions partners, and shared a meal together. The congregation was challenged to share their faith and help fulfill the Great Commission Jesus gave us in Matthew 28:19-20.
View the Two in Twenty Challenge
View the Missions Directory
Below you will find a list of ideas how you can do "Two in Twenty" to share the Gospel.
Take a short-term mission trip and/or support missionaries and trip participants through prayer and financial support. Trips currently offered by Friendship are:
- Canada, Camp of the Woods, May 2020, led by Ron Pool
- Colombia, South America, led by Gesi Araujo, multiple trips will be offered in 2020/2021
- Czech Republic Letovice, July 2021, led by Maryann and Craig Svoboda
- Czech Republic Tabor, July 2021, led by Tony Cloyd and Shara Davis
- Haiti Men's Group, March 2021, led by Kyle Whitmore
- Haiti Couples Group, December 2020 or Fall 2021 led by Kyle & Melissa Whitmore
- Honduras, El Sembrador, February 2021, with Lori Braatz
- Honduras, La Esperanza, July 2021, led by Peggy Allen
Is God calling you to full-time missions? Let Pastor Matt and the Missions Committee know!
Add link to trip page
Parents, your greatest mission field is your children. As a Christian parent you are a missionary charged with teaching and leading them to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
RELATIONAL EVANGELISM AND DISCIPLESHIP
Relational evangelism is a long-term investment in relationships with the goal of sharing your faith and discipling those persons God puts on your heart.
- bring an unchurched friend/neighbor to church and sit with them during the service, or, invite them to your home for a meal and eventually share Jesus
SHARE YOUR FAITH
- Begin a conversation with someone you don't know and ask them what their interests/passions are, then share your faith story or explain the Gospel
- Attend a short-term evangelistic training and share your faith on the street
- Commit to pray for someone with the intention of sharing Christ with them
- Start or join a prayer group focusing on the unsaved and seek them out
- Mentor a non-believing friend or co-worker so they can know and trust Jesus
- Mentor a younger person to deepen their relationship with Jesus
- Sacrificially help someone with the intent of sharing your faith
- Volunteer with refugees or serve at a homeless shelter on a regular basis
- Volunteer in children's ministry or with Christian groups on school campuses
- Serve at Friendship in AWANA, Flood, River or teach Sunday School
Share Your Faith
Here are just a few websites to give you ideas.